START SCHOOL READY
BUGS TODAY. BREAKTHROUGHS TOMORROW.
Is your child entering Kindergarten next fall? Will they be ready?
The move from preK to Kindergarten is one of the most important transitions a child will make. This summer Ready for School is partnering with Outdoor Discovery Center and local school districts to deliver Start School Ready: A preKindergarten learning adventure with powerful results.
This four-week, half-day program is for incoming Kindergarten students in the Holland, Zeeland and Hamilton area. Start School Ready lesson plans are designed for outdoor exploration and learning. Every day is designed to engage children’s innate sense of wonder and natural curiosity as they explore through inquiry and insect studies.
Scholarships are available to children who are registered for Kindergarten in the Holland, Hamilton or Zeeland and qualify based on financial need.
Children who participate can look forward to:
- Attend Monday-Friday, 4-week program. TBD 2020 dates.
- Enjoying breakfast and lunch each day.
- Activities and classroom routines that boost confidence and increase school readiness.
- Have early literacy and social-emotional skill building incorporated into their daily experiences.
- Teaching strategies and objectives that align with State and local school district standards to offer a springboard for success in school.