START SCHOOL READY
please give two weeks processing time for applications.
BUGS TODAY. BREAKTHROUGHS TOMORROW.
Is your child entering Kindergarten next fall? Will they be ready?
The move from pre-K to Kindergarten is one of the most important transitions a child will make. This summer Ready for School is partnering with Outdoor Discovery Center and local school districts to deliver Start School Ready: A kindergarten readiness camp with powerful results.
This four-week program is for incoming Kindergarten students in the Holland, Zeeland and Hamilton area. Start School Ready lesson plans are designed for outdoor exploration and learning. Every activity is designed to engage children’s innate sense of wonder and natural curiosity as they explore through inquiry and book studies.
Each week parents with their kids are invited to join one of our pop-up events. These events are open to registered Start School Ready children and their families. The time together will be immersed in nature and will provide children with the opportunity to develop social skills, build upon language skills, and develop their sense of wonder! Parents will be partners in play with their child(ren). Teachers will be on-site providing one activity per event and live animal encounters. A parent's or caregiver's attendance is required.
Each family will also receive a weekly box for the 4 weeks of the program. The box will include a book, fun learning activities, and a recipe with all of the materials needed to complete both the learning activities and the recipe. To go along with the box, parents will receive additional learning activities directly to their inbox. These learning activities are quick and can be done inside, outside, or on the go and come with video demonstrations.
Partial to full scholarships are available to children who are registered for Kindergarten in those same districts and who qualify based on financial need.
Incoming Kindergarteners who participate can look forward to:
- A weekly Pop-Up Event
- A weekly box for 4 weeks that includes a book, fun learning activities, and a recipe with all of the needed materials.
- A calendar of daily literacy or math activities for July and August
- Additional quick learning activities delivered to your inbox around the skills of language, self-sufficiency, and social emotional that can be done at home or on the go.
- Demonstration videos
- Individualized Teacher support
- A single weekly zoom call for students to be able to connect with other students and show what they've made from the box that week.